Dryer Vent Cleaning:
You should clean your Dryer vent if…
- Dryer ducts have not been inspected and cleaned for more than a year.
- Dryer duct length is more than 25 feet, which slows air flow. (Add five feet for each 90-degree bend.)
- You have a large family and use the dryer often.
- Your dryer is still producing heat, but it takes longer and longer to get your clothes dry, especially heavy materials such as towels and jeans.
- Clothes are still damp or hotter than usual at the end of the drying cycle.
- The outdoor flapper on the vent hood doesn't open when you turn the dryer on.
The benefits of cleaning your dryer vent:
- Reduce your risk of dryer fires
- Lower your gas/electric bill
- Your dryer will last longer with less repair bills
- Your clothes will dry faster